Our Family! The Teenage years!

You may ask, "Attitude Years", isn't that kind of rude? For those of you with Teenagers, you understand. With Teenagers, it is full of excitment, emotion, weird changes in personalty and body(scary) and watching them grow in the Lord. We as parents need help because if it was up to us we would fail. Thanks to God that he is with us and trainging us to make as few mistakes as possible. Please pray for us!

Sunday, November 16, 2008

We went in to see Mya today. Every time we see her we are in awe of what God creates. What an amazingly perfect little girl. She has gained some weight and is now just shy of 3 pounds (up from 2lb 5oz). It is hard to believe how exciting it was to find out that she weighed that considering that if I look at a pizza the wrong way I gain 3 pounds. She is making other progress as well with lots of moving around and stretching and very responsive to touch. She even has a tickle spot in the same place as Alex on the inside of her knee that makes her really jump. Also her EEG's are showing a consistant increase in brain activity and no further seizures. She has really brought extended family's, in- laws, friends and people that we don't even know together for a common goal. Prayer, prayer, prayer. We found out today from Sarah that in answer to my previous post, she is receiving prayer from all around the world! How amazing is that?!? Tom's Uncle Don is a missionary in the Philippines with YWAM and he has put this prayer request for Mya out to all of their missionary families and they are praying for her! This little girl is more well known in just over a week than any of us will be in a life time. So when you join into this prayer chain know that you are part of Gods amazing plan for this little girl, he is using her in mighty ways and she doesn't even know it yet. Keep Praying!


Ok so below is a picture from today of Sarah and Mya, Proud Mom for sure!







And here is an up close picture of Mya, She was moving around more today than before the miss-hap on Monday night. She is making tremendous progress, an answer to prayer.






And I need to add something else aside from Mya on this post ( I am getting good at updating this thing!)

On Friday November 14th, 2008 it was our 16th wedding anniversary. I don't know for any certainty how on earth I managed to ever find a wife as sweet and loving and beautiful as Christine. It is hard to believe that 16 years have already gone by, in many ways it seems like just yesterday I was carrying her out of the Church in White Rock, and then in other ways, it just seems like this is how it has always been, and I wouldn't change it for anything. I am Blessed to call her my wife!

1 Comments:

Blogger TD said...

Happy Anniversary Dan and Christine! Thanks for keeping this updated! You guys were curious about how far away people were praying so I thought I'd share this. A friend of mine from Winnipeg was on a famous hill called San Cristobal in Santiago Chile this past weekend and said a prayer for Mya.

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home